What do we do?
Since its foundation in 1977, CEOE has represented and advanced the interests of Spanish businesspeople.
It brings together, on a voluntary basis, most companies and sole traders of any size or sector through grassroots associations, which form a network of 240 business organizations.
What do we do?
- We are an open, participatory organization that promotes growth and employment.
- We encourage entrepreneurship and the business spirit, we have a code of ethics and good governance that provides for greater transparency in our management.
- We are in constant dialogue, providing solutions, with social, economic and political agents.
- We make proposals to improve our economy and the competitiveness of the Spanish economy.
- We defend the market economy, the competitiveness and internationalization of Spanish companies, free competition and corporate social responsibility.
- We promote national and EU market unity.
- We foster research and technological innovation in business, the information society and business training, as well as sustainability and environmental protection.
Who do we represent?
Founded in 1977, the Spanish Confederation of Business Organizations (CEOE) brings together, on a voluntary basis, two million companies and sole traders from all sectors of activity, who are related to CEOE through more than 4,500 grassroots associations.
The Confederation directly brings together 200 regional and provincial territorial and sectoral organizations. This ensures that companies are represented both by the sector to which they belong and by the territory where they are located.
SMEs are represented in the CEOE through the Confederation of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (CEPYME). Sole traders are also part of the Confederation through the Association of Self-Employed Workers (ATA). Thus, CEOE represents the entire spectrum of Spanish business (large, small and medium-sized enterprises) and sole traders to society, the authorities and trade unions.